An Incomplete grade can be assigned for a student who is unable to take the final examination and/or coursework due to legitimate circumstances such as personal illness, death in the family, etc.  The student must request an incomplete grade by completing the incomplete grade form and receiving the required approval.  A medical certificate must accompany your request in the case of illness.

An incomplete grade automatically turns into a failing "F" if the student does not complete the outstanding course requirements/final examination by the end of the next semester.  Students receiving an "I" grade are not required to register for the course in the subsequent semester.  The semester GPA and cumulative GPA's are recalculate once the "l" grade has been replaced.